Best of 2020-Must haves for 2021
I have carefully compiled a list of my 15 must haves in my home, that anyone can buy for their home to start creating a fresh space that will make you love your home even more. Here are some of my absolute favorite and best selling decor that you can start adding to your home to freshen and modernize your spaces.
1. Aruba curtains in Sour cream: These curtains have elevated my bedroom dramatically. Not only that, they are of the highest quality that I've seen from a retailer that we all love.
2. Black Joshua vases: These are a staple in my home. The faux distressed finish on these vases give them a vintage feel and my absolute favorite is the largest one. They make such an impact!
3. The Ester chair: This chair continues to be my absolute favorite chair and by now, you probably own one. It's lines are such that it would work in any setting, whether it is a traditional or more modern one.
4. 5. 6. These decor staples from the Studio McGee line for Target are some of my absolute favorite pieces from their collection. They keep bringing them back season after season and probably for good reason. They are just so versatile and would work well in anyone's home. They are great starter pieces for anyone trying to start decorating their home and make it look more elevated!
7. This Moroccan rug: There are several things that make this rug one of my absolute favorites. It is so kid and pet friendly, its so soft, and the colors are so neutral and versatile. See it below in my daughter's soft room.
8. Cane chairs: By now everyone knows the allure of a cane chair. I found these cane chairs to be very similar to the ones I have in my kitchen that get so many compliments and that I absolutely adore.
9. XL planter: This planter has me oooohing and aahing every time I walk past it in my foyer. If you have been looking a gigantic planter, this is the one. It is the real deal. Made in Vietnam and so gorgeous! Below is a photo of it in my foyer.
10. Vintage looking planters: This is just one example of a vintage looking planter/vase. These types of vases have really taken off in 2020 and I know they will continue being a must have for 2021 in any space.
11 Paper mache' bowls: I remember doing paper mache' in school when I was little. I never dreamed that this technique would come back in 2020 reincarnated as bowls and decor objects. Why are they so popular? They are so vintage and found looking and they instantly make your space look curated!
12. This pizza/chauterice board: Big. These make such a statement, especially when layered in your kitchen against a gorgeous backsplash. Take a look at mine below.
13. This Loloi rug: If you haven't seen this rug by now, then I do not know if you have been scrolling Instagram. It is just so popular. I think every home decor influencer has it and it is because it is just so versatile. It looks so good in ANY space and it never fails to make your space look better than it did without it. It is a must have for every home and I think it will continue being popular in 2021.
14. These iron tapered candleholders: These are so incredibly modern and clean looking. They are my absolute favorite candleholders that I have found to date. They make any space look elevated when laid on a mantle as a set.
15. A distressed wood bench: This is just one example of a wood bench. Everyone needs at least one to put at the foot of your bed or in your entry. The more distressed, the better in my opinion. I have a vintage one at the foot of the bed and I love the punch of dark wood it adds to my very airy space below. And of course, I have this gorgeous McGee&Co. rug linked for you. It took my bedroom up about 1000 notches.
I hope this inspired you to start bringing in pieces you love to your home for 2021. Any house can become a home by adding simple pieces like these to your spaces!